Your advertisement in the Silver State Post and its sister publication, Free Express, will reach every deliverable address in Powell County for Total Market Coverage (TMC). The paid-circulation Silver State Post is enjoying its 125th year of service to the good people of the city of Deer Lodge and the communities in and around Powell County. The free-distribution Express reaches every address that doesn’t subscribe to the Post so your advertisement enjoys a penetration of well over 100 percent of Powell County (Post readers who buy their paper off-the-rack also receive the Express).
• 4,100 combined circulation means approximately 12,500 readers. While many may be your customers, many more are your potential customers. The Express is also available in heavy traffic locations in Anaconda. Please ask about a low cost combination-buy with our sister newspaper, the Philipsburg Mail to achieve heavy penetration in three counties: Powell, Granite and Deer Lodge.
• Our Open Advertising rate is $12 per column inch (four-column inch minimum). If you wish to buy smaller space ads the Classified and Business Directory offer special pricing (see below).
• A Frequency Discount Rate of $8.20 per column inch applies to all advertisers who run more than once a month or at least 30 column inches per month. Non-profit rates are available to persons and organizations in need, and are made at the discretion of the newspaper.
• Color is available in full for $4 per column inch (10 column inch minimum). The maximum color charge is $125.
• Cards of Thanks are $6.60 per column inch (six-column-inch minimum).
• Classified Advertisements are $5.75 for the first 25 words and 50 cents per word thereafter if pre-paid.
• Run three consecutive weeks for $15 (25 words or less 50 cents per word thereafter) and you may prepay or be billed. At your request and at no extra charge we will box any Classified advertisement of $15 or more. Lost items free for one week. No charge to run items worth less than $50 once.
• Business Directory (business cards) are $15 per week and requires a four week minimum run.
• Inserts may be placed in the Post alone or married to the Express. The minimum charge is $90 per thousand up to a six page tabloid format. Tabloids from eight to 10 pages are charged $110 per thousand and 12 to 14 page tabloids are charged $125 per thousand. Add 50 percent to these rates for broadsheet format.
Our format is a standard six column super tab and we offer professional design at no charge. We prefer not to use contracts because we know our advertising will work for you. If at any time you feel you need to suspend your marketing efforts with us, for any reason, you may cancel them. We ask only that you offer a fair product or service at a fair price. We will bill at the end of each month and expect your payment to be received within 15 days of billing. If we make a substantial mistake with your advertisement we will run it corrected the following week at No Charge.
• Column widths are (in inches):
1 column = 1.5833 in.
2 column = 3.3333 in.
3 column = 5.0833 in.
4 column = 6.8333 in.
5 column = 8.5833 in.
6 column = 10.3333 in.
• Deadline for all advertising is 5 p.m. Friday prior to publication. The Post goes to press Tuesday but both publications are on the streets and mailed to most homes and offices Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Contact us by telephoning 406.846.2424 or stop in our office at 312 Missouri in Deer Lodge.
Our mailing address is Silver State Post, PO Box 111, Deer Lodge, MT 59722.
E-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also archiving our entire history on smalltownpapers.com