The Silver State Post enjoys a loyal readership of more than 12,000 people. We are a paid Wednesday publication with a USPS audited circulation of approximately 1,500 serving the communities of Garrison, Avon, Ovando, Helmville, Elliston, Gold Creek, Racetrack, Galen, Warm Springs, Deer Lodge and their enthusiasts since 1886.
• 2,000 circulation means approximately 12,500 readers. While many may be your customers, many more are your potential customers. Please ask about a low cost combination-buy with our sister newspaper, the Philipsburg Mail to achieve heavy penetration in three counties: Powell, Granite and Deer Lodge.
• Our Open Advertising rate is $15 per column inch (four-column inch minimum). If you wish to buy smaller space ads the Classified and Business Directory offer special pricing (see below).
• A Frequency Discount Rate of $10.20 per column inch applies to all advertisers who run more than once a month or at least 30 column inches per month. Non-profit rates are available to persons and organizations in need, and are made at the discretion of the newspaper.
• Color is available in full for $4 per column inch (10 column inch minimum). The maximum color charge is $125.
• Combination Advertising with Sister Publications, reach 16,000 readers by placing your advertisement in the Silver State Post and the Philipsburg Mail, (total circulation 5,400) for only $14.50 per column inch. Advertise 96 in. (a full page) column inches or more in a calendar month for only $13 per column inch.
• Classified Advertisements are 25 words or less for three consecutive weeks for $15, $.50 cents per word per week thereafter. $15 minimum charge. We run at no charge items that cost less than $50 or lost items, 10 word maximum.
• Business Directory (business cards) are $15 per week and requires a four week minimum run.
• Wedding Announcements and Obituaries - text only, no charge. $10 with photo.
$103.50 per thousand up to one ounce per piece in weight.
$132.25 per thousand up to two ounces per piece in weight.
$143.75 per thousand up to three ounces per piece in weight.
Our format is a standard six column super tab and we offer professional design at no charge. We prefer not to use contracts because we know our advertising will work for you. If at any time you feel you need to suspend your marketing efforts with us, for any reason, you may cancel them. We ask only that you offer a fair product or service at a fair price. We will bill at the end of each month and expect your payment to be received within 15 days of billing. If we make a substantial mistake with your advertisement we will run it corrected the following week at No Charge.
• Column widths are (in inches):
1 column = 1.5833 in.
2 column = 3.3333 in.
3 column = 5.0833 in.
4 column = 6.8333 in.
5 column = 8.5833 in.
6 column = 10.3333 in.
• Deadline for all advertising is 5 p.m. Friday prior to publication. The Post goes to press Tuesday but is on the streets and mailed to most homes and offices Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Contact us by telephoning 406.846.2424 or stop in our office at 312 Missouri in Deer Lodge.
Our mailing address is Silver State Post, PO Box 111, Deer Lodge, MT 59722.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We are also archiving our entire history on smalltownpapers.com